By Cullen Browder, WRAL presenter/reporterFor nearly two years, WRAL Investigates has been covering the mental…
MANILA, Philippines — The health department (DOH) said about 365 million pesos of funds previously released for the benefit of health workers have yet to be accounted for by some private and public health facilities.
The DOH said in a statement Tuesday that funds released for health care facilities must first be liquidated and accounted for to facilitate the disbursement of new funds.
Based on the latest DOH data, the following have not yet been liquidated by private health facilities: 68 million pesos in Special Risk Allowance (SRA); 21 million pesos in funds for meals, accommodation and transportation; as well as 145 million pesos in a COVID-19 allocation.
The health department is also awaiting liquidation reports from 10 local public hospitals for about 101 million pesos and three public hospitals for about 30 million pesos in SRA funds.
—KATHLEEN DE VILLA
DBM releases 1.08 billion pesos for health workers affected by COVID
Health workers hit DOH for benefits
DOH urges government to stop exodus of PH health workers
To subscribe to MORE APPLICANT to access The Philippine Daily Inquirer and over 70 titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to news, download as early as 4am and share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.
For comments, complaints or inquiries, Contact us.