We pride ourselves on our personal relationships with our patients and the comprehensive services we…
The girl died after suffering from vomiting and diarrhea as she quarantine at a hotel in Zhengzhou, his father Li Baoliang said on Chinese social media platform Weibo.
When emergency services arrived the child tested negative for coronavirus and they refused to treat her saying her case was not “urgent”.
It reportedly took the father 11 hours to get help and she was eventually sent to a hospital 100km away. The doctor did not treat her immediately after the initial inspection, the father said.
Shortly after midnight, Mr. Li discovered that his daughter’s body had turned cold. The child was pronounced dead in the early hours of Tuesday after medical staff failed to resuscitate her.
“This is a huge shock to us. I couldn’t accept this,” Mr Li wrote. “I want justice for my child,” he added, urging officials to investigate.
His death occurs fifteen days after the judgment Communist Party promised that people in quarantine would not be prevented from getting emergency help after the death of a three-year-old boy in the city of Lanzhou.
The toddler’s father blamed health workers for allegedly trying to stop him from taking his daughter to hospital.
Beijing has again placed millions of people under lockdown as part of its “zero-Covid” policy, which aims to curb the spread of the coronavirus with every surge, as the Asian giant grapples with one of the worst waves of Covid-19.
The tight restrictions have led people to stage mass protests in the streets against the Chinese government in Guangdong province. Crowds of protesters were seen crushing Covid-19 barriers installed by authorities, demanding an end to the blockade.
Others took to Weibo to express their anger.
“Once again someone has died because of excessive epidemic prevention measures,” wrote one user on the social media platform, according to The Associated Press. “They put their official position above everything else.”
Responding to public outcry, the ruling party promised last week to ease quarantine and other restrictions.
The government is trying to deal with “simple and crude” over-enforcement in response to public complaints, National Bureau of Disease Control deputy director Shen Hongbing told a news conference.
He said the government had received 130,000 complaints, including local officials improperly isolating visitors arriving from low-risk areas. “We have addressed the issues reported by the masses,” the deputy director added without mentioning the girl’s death.
According to the National Health Commission, China reported 25,353 new virus infections on Thursday, including 2,362 symptomatic and 22,991 asymptomatic.